Mission Involvement and Support
"Go with confidence. The Lord will be with you on your mission."
Ours is a very mission minded church. The Missions Committee, in cooperation with the Trustees, oversees our involvement and contributions to various missions, both at home and abroad, and the church itself commits 10% of its total annual budget to missions support, allocated as follows:
- Local Missions: Highland Area Community Service Ministry, Relevant Pregnancy Options Center, Meals on Wheels, One Hope United
- Home Missions: Bethal Neighborhood Center, Kansas City, KS; Peoria Friendship House, Peoria IL; Rankin Christian Center, Rankin, PA.
- International Missionaries: Gail Leroy, currently on home assignment, formerly serving OMS in Uruguay; Octavio & Fannyta Arieza, serving with OMS in Colombia; Dr. Steven & Nancy James, ABC missionaries in Haiti; Annie & Jeff Dieselberg, ABC missionaries in Thailand; Matt & Lori Mann, ABC missionaries in Loas and Thailand; and Larry & Becky Stanton, ABC missionaries in Hungary.
- Quarterly Special Offerings: America For Christ in March, used to support the work of our home missions; One Great Hour of Sharing in June, targeted towards International Ministries Disaster Relief; the World Mission Offering in September, focusing on the personal needs of our international missionaries; and the Retired Ministers and Missionaries Offering in December, which helps supplement the retirement income and meet other financial needs of retired ABC pastors.
- Other Financial Support: Northern and Central Baptist Theological Seminaries; the Lake Springfield Baptist Camp; the Unified Budget of the American Baptist Churches, USA and the Great Rivers Region.